DEQ Main Menu
Utah Division of Environmental Response
Page Address: undergroundtanks.utah.gov
Underground Storage Tank Branch
The Utah State Underground Storage Tank program is a regulatory branch of the Department of Environmental Quality. Its primary goal is to protect human health and the environment from leaking underground storage tanks (USTs). The UST staff oversees UST notification, installation, inspection, removal, and compliance with State and Federal UST regulations concerning release prevention and remediation. Get more details.
During the 2016 Utah Legislative Session, changes were made to the underground storage tank (UST) registration fees. These changes go into effect on July 1, 2016 (state fiscal year 2017).
- Annual registration fees increased from $100.00 to $110.00 per tank for PST Fund facilities and from $200.00 to $220.00 for tanks not participating in the PST Fund.
- A new tank installation permit fee of $500.00 and an additional $200.00 per tank fee assessed in areas where State inspectors conduct the installation inspection.
See the upcoming Summer 2016 UST Newsletter for additional information on the fee increases.
- Certification Study Guides and Reference Material
- Certified UST Contractors
- Contractor Certification Program
- Contacts for UST Questions
- Newsletter: Utah Tank News
- One Time Drop of Fuel for Tank and Line Testing
- Tank Fees Summary
- Useful UST Forms
- UST/LUST Lists
- UST Issues E-mail Alerts Sign Up
- UST Owner/Operator Training and Registration Program
- More ...
- Accessing the Petroleum Storage Tank (PST) Fund
- Remediation and Abatement
- Reporting a Release From Underground Storage Tanks (Spills)
- Online Form for Reporting Spills
- More ...
No Certificate of Compliance
Facilities that do not have an active Certificate of Compliance and are ineligible to receive deliveries of fuel. Updated daily.
PST Fund Financial Viability Study
A financial viability study of the Petroleum Storage Tank Trust Fund.
- Petroleum Storage Tank Loan Progam
Funds are available for loans to eligible owners and operators for upgrading, replacing, or closing USTs.
Red Tag Program
Starting in 2013 large red "delivery prohibition" tags will be placed on tanks that are not eligible to receive fuel deliveries
Summary Information on USTs
Utah's summary information; required by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 Grant Guidelines. Updated November 3, 2015.
UST Certification Program Online Applications and Payments
Submit applications and payments online for Sampler, Consultant, Installer, Remover, and Tester Certification and A/B Operator Registration.
UST Compliance Report
Utah's government owned; required by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 Grant Guidelines.
UST Issues E-mail Alerts Sign Up
Be personally notified when important issues arise concerning Underground Storage Tank owners, operators, and contractors.
UST Priority Assessment Tool
Currently sites with the highest priority assessment are inspected more frequently. See how upgrades to your facility will effect its assessment.
Utah Tank News